It is never too early (or too late) to begin thinking about going to college.
The process of choosing the right school may seem intimidating — whether you are a high school student just getting ready to leave home for the first time or someone looking to make a change mid-career. Here are 7 sites to help select, apply and prepare for college, courtesy of Richard Byrne at Free Technology for Teachers:
- My College Calendar — Step-by-step admission planning calendars
- College Confidential — Extensive information on choosing, getting into and paying for a college
- Unigo — College reviews based on huge database of student-generated content
- College Crunch — Self-proclaimed as "The Best College Resource Online ... Ever"
- Educaedu — College degree search engine covers the globe
- Campus Explorer — Search colleges by degree or location, plus receive advice
- College Grazing — Uses interactive surveys to match your interests with colleges