Websites for Students K-12
Authoritative, free websites recommended by Booklist Magazine. Blanchester Public Library neither endorses nor guarantees the content or availability of external links.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day NASA site features a different daily image or photograph of the universe with a brief explanation.
- Awesome Library Consists of 37,000 "carefully reviewed resources, including the top 5 percent in education," organized by user type and topic.
- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations Has more than 11,000 quotations from the 1919 tenth edition, searchable by subjects, titles, and authors.
- Citation Machine Aims to "make it easy for student researchers to cite their information sources."
- College Board's Full Practice Test Offers the official SAT practice test.
- Coolmath.com Lessons and help with pre-algebra, algebra, pre-calculus, and calculus.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence One-stop shopping for free federal teaching and learning resources searchable by subject or medium.
- Information Please Almanac A quick reference destination for a variety of topics.
- KidsHealth.org: WORD! A Glossary of Medical Terms Easy-to-use children's medical dictionary
- Mother Goose In addition to an alphabetical master list of rhymes, users will find rhymes grouped by themes.
- Nova Provides teachers and students access to articles, audio slide shows, audio stories, expert Q&A, interviews, time lines and more related to this TV series.
- Preventing Plagiarism: Keepin' It Real UC-San Diego's pages on plagiarism
- Study Guide Zone Focusing on improving standardized test scores, this site covers a wide variety of standard college and professional tests.
- Virtual Frog Dissection Kit Users dissect Fluffy the frog and can also play the "Virtual Frog Builder Game."
- Virtual Knee Surgery Allows the user to simulate performing knee surgery
- Voice of America (VOA) Offers VOA's popular articles, with language exercises that include videos, vocabulary and listening practice.
- A.Word.A.Day This can help build vocabulary via a daily e-mail or weekly visit to the site.