Blanchester Public Library neither endorses nor guarantees the content or availability of external links.
Other Notable Websites
Provides access to national air quality information
- Alcohol Rehab Help
Provides info on the best rehabilitation and treatment resources
- Cancer Statistics Center Numbers provided by the American Cancer Society
- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
Provides credible and objective information on global climate change
Provides information about recalls and safety-related news about drugs, food, consumer products
- Creative Commons
Best source for freely available images
- Crime Victims Rights Toolkit
Info for victims to understand and exercise their legal rights
U.S. Census Bureau website explains a wealth of data
- Europeana New, still-growing digital library of Europe's cultural heritage features links to two million items.
- FamilyDoctor.org Homepage of the American Academy of Family physicians provides health information for the entire family.
Update fuel economy data for new and used vehicles dating back to 1984
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides wealth of info on the flu
Find the tricks to reaching a person when calling various companies.
- healthfinder.gov Government website features reliable information and resources on a wide range of health topics.
- Holocaust Encyclopedia Site from United States Holocaust Memorial Museum uses text, photographs, maps, and audio clips to provide an overview of the Holocaust.
- Home Economics Archive: Research, Tradition and History Created by the Mann Library at Cornell University, this site features a valuable online collection of books and journals covering the field of home economics published between 1850 and 1950.
- How Stuff Works Contains "explanation of how the world actually works"
- MapLight.org Database allows users to make the connection between campaign donations and legislative votes in the U.S. Congress
- Merriam-Webster Online Definitions include part of speech, pronunciation, and links to words used in the definition
- MRQE: Movie Review Query Engine The largest online database of movie reviews
- National Jukebox
Historical recordings available free online through the Library of Congress
National Security Archive
Independent research institute and library at George Washington University collects declassified documents
- Nursing Home Compare Ratings now available through Medicare
- Nutrition Data
Aims to provide the most accurate and comprehensive nutrition analysis available
- On This Day in History Enter date between 1800 and 2002 to discover headlines of the day, top songs, average wages, and more
- PCMag 100 best iPhone apps
- PDRhealth Drawing on the trusted Physician's Desk Reference, this site provides drug information plus overviews of numerous diseases and conditions.
- ProPublica Independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest
The site for "urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation"
Provides easy access to demographic information about the United States from 1790 to the present; some information requires subscription edition.
Allows easy access to government and political information, including congressional fundraising and voting records
- UNdata Provides access to more than 55 million records from the United Nations' databases on employment, education, environment, health, population, and more
A community where you can share writing, connect with other people who love to read, and discover new authors and stories
- The United States Government Manual Official handbook of the federal government
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
Maintains the world's leading online authority on the Holocaust
Informational web guide for those seeking vision correction options