The Blanchester Public Library is committed to helping bring the community together by offering free meeting room space to nonprofit organizations or individuals for educational, cultural, civic, charitable, intellectual, or related activities.
- Activities under the direction of the library shall have first priority for the use of the meeting room.
- Community groups whose purposes are nonprofit, civic, cultural or educational are encouraged to use the meeting room, provided all such scheduled meetings are free and open to the public.
- Because of the frequent use of the meeting room, the library is unable to guarantee its availability for regularly scheduled meetings. All scheduling will be done on a first-come, first-served basis. The maximum number of times any one group may reserve the use of the meeting room is once a month, 12 times per calendar year. Requests to reserve the meeting room may be made by phone, but an application form must be completed and submitted to the library before the scheduled meeting.
- The Library Director is responsible for reviewing and approving all Meeting Room Request Forms and for monitoring compliance with regulations governing the use of the library meeting room.
- Applications may be rejected and previously granted permission may be withdrawn by the library because of activities that interfere with library operations, e.g., excessive noise, excessive traffic into and out of the meeting room, disturbances caused by unattended children, and solicitation of library staff or patrons.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs by the library.
- No individual or group may state or imply library endorsement or sponsorship of events in the library meeting rooms without written approval from the Library Director.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation if the space is required for use by the library or a library-related organization. Except in an emergency, 48 hours notice will be given of any cancellation.
- Groups using the meeting room are responsible for setting up chairs and tables prior to their meeting.
- Groups are responsible for transporting, setting up, and operating their own equipment. Groups may not store or leave their equipment at the library overnight.
- Library audiovisual equipment is available free of charge for use during meetings held at the library. Groups are responsible for operating any equipment furnished and liable for equipment that is damaged.
- Groups are not permitted to affix any signs or materials on meeting room doors or walls.
- The meeting room is available for public use on days the library is open. With approval from the Library Director, use of the room may be scheduled beyond regular library hours.
- No admission fees may be charged or donations collected. The meeting room may not be used for social activities, private parties, commercial endeavors or gatherings that advertise a product or service. Only the library, or library-sponsored support groups, may sponsor fundraising activties or social functions in the library meeting room
- Meeting rooms may not be used for entrepreneurial or commercial purposes or solicitation of business. Regular meetings of political clubs may be held, but campaign activities are not permitted.
- The organization using the room is reponsible for any damage or breakage to the premises or its contents by members or guests of the group. The room is to be left in the condition in which it was found and all trash disposed of in the containers provided.
- The library assumes no liability for theft or damage to property brought onto library property or for injuries that occur as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities in meeting rooms.
Food & Beverage
- Light refreshments may be served.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking is prohibited in the library.
- The kitchenette is available for use by groups, but the library provides no equipment or services for the serving of refreshments. Groups are responsible for providing their supplies and for cleaning up the kitchenette and the room. A fee may be charged if the group's use of the room and/or kitchenette has resulted in a need for repair to library furnishings, or excessive clean-up is required.
Approved by Board of Trustees 11/08